April 21, 2005

Some comfort in some impossibility

In Wenn's point of view, the fit was more interesting than comfortable for every one of those men I was dating (on and off, now more off). She said only one came close - the one that I was not dating and never had the chance to date. He has a girlfriend.

She thinks he's a worthy benchmark and that I ought be thankful I have one this worthy. I'm not sure if those are words of comfort. But, I smiled as I was reading her smses.

I miss his intelligence, wit and self-inflated ego. His blur-sheepish smile and the raised eyebrows, his expression when he is in thought and his initiative in reciprocating ego-boosters. I miss his friendship, actually.

Let's further our studies together, if we have a chance, Knight! ^^

xxx

Could it be?

I'm falling sick again? So soon? Hey, cannot lah. Too ridiculous. But, I've been sneezing the past 2 days and now, my nose is runny. I need to sleep.

xxx

Because I look capable?

Cute VP mentioned that they thought it's time to stretch me. Can I remind them that there is a rule about the limit of elasticity?

If I didn't have to spend 5 x 1.5 hours (excluding travelling time) per week on tuition to supplement my income, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing my name on places that should belong to full teachers.

It's more than a matter of status and work culture. It's also a bit about what each of us has different personal goals and priorities towards our work/career. There is a grey area there, where I can dance on. But, recently, I find myself dancing barefooted on ice.

Thankfully, I've colleagues who are like my hand rails in the rink.

xxx

A terrible discovery

Is Secret Recipe. The cafe-restaurant. The best cheesecakes in town (IMHO).

This month, till date: 3 cheese cakes, 2 ice-cream treats, many smoothies and blends, many snacks. I'm gonna make people, who start thinking about d-i-e-t soon as they gobble down a cheese cake, very angry.

But, I'm sure thin may not be healthy. Take heart. Just like I'm sure my bank account is not healthy at all now. sigh... Why is the last week to getting the paycheck especially long?

Last but hardly the least, a terrible companion for all these treats... The silly cute peas in a pod, who has feet so small I still find it amusing.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 22:15